Below are sample forms which may be used for case management and housing planning.
Obtaining IDs for clients
1. Confirm that your agency and your HMIS administrator has an MOU on file with the DMV. (Homeward has a MOU)
A sample copy of the agency MOU is found below – this is what your agency needs to have on file with DMV in order to submit documentation to obtain an ID. Please contact Andrew Owens at email@example.com for a clean copy and more information about the process.
2. Gather the client’s primary identification and proof of legal presence. The following documents (from DMV’s website) provide acceptable proof of identity – most also provide evidence of legal presence:
· birth certificate issued by US state, jurisdiction, or territory
· unexpired passport or permanent resident care
· forms such as the I-766, FS-240, FS-545, DS-1350
· US naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship
· REAL ID compliant driver’s license or ID card
3. To obtain proof of residency in Virginia, complete the first page of the Residency Report form (through the Provider section) and submit it to your HMIS administrator (in Richmond, send to firstname.lastname@example.org). This form is also found below.
4. The HMIS administrator will complete the form and send a copy back to you.
5. Submit all of the documents (primary identification, evidence of legal presence, and proof of residency) to Clara Fleming-Foster (fax #: (804)367-0374).
6. If you have trouble getting the documents or have questions, call Clara Fleming-Foster at (804) 367-0687.
7. Clara will respond to the person who submits the paperwork with details within approximately 10 working days.